Make sure your picture is not wider than 475px at 72 dpi.
Log in using your username and password.
On the left sidebar, open the Media tab. It will show a drop down menu with two options: Library and Add New. First add the picture to the Library.
Click on Add New.
Using the Flash uploader:
- In the Upload New Media window click Select files
- This will open the file manager showing the files on your computer
- Locate the image file and click Open
- The file will be uploaded and you can then edit its name, caption and description
If the Flash uploader does not work use the Browser uploader.
Using the Browser uploader:
- Click Browse
- Select the file
- Click Upload
- Click Edit and edit its name, caption and description
Do not use spaces in the image filename (you can use a slash or underline symbol instead) and make sure that the size of the picture is smaller than 400px in the longest side and that it has 72dpi.
At any time while writing your post, you can insert a picture.
- Click on the Add an Image icon in the top row of the Edit window
- Click on the Media Library tab at the top
- On the image you want, click on Show
- Choose the image alignment and then click on Insert into Post
If you are in the Edit window Visual Mode, you’ll see the picture. If you want to edit the picture or make it smaller, click on the image and then click on the top left icon. Click Update after you finish with the changes.